Buy Finnish Drivers License Online
Finnish drivers license is a legal document that allows you to drive a motor vehicle on public roads in Finland. You will need a Finnish drivers license if you want to drive a car, motorcycle or other two-wheeled vehicle in Finland. Foreigners can also apply for a Finnish drivers license by submitting an application and paying the required fee.
The process of obtaining a Finnish drivers license is similar to that of other countries. The applicant needs to pass a written test and an eye test before being allowed to drive on public roads in Finland.
If you’re a new driver in Finland, you’ll want to get your Finnish driver’s license as soon as possible. In Finland, driving without a license is against the law. However, we can help you get one fast and easy. If you’re coming from another country, or if you’ve lost your license and need to get a replacement quickly, our online service makes it easy for you to get your new license in time for your next road trip.
Requirements for obtaining a Finnish drivers license
To obtain a Finnish driver’s license, you need to fulfill certain requirements set by the Finnish authorities. Here are the general steps and requirements:
- Age Requirement: You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a regular driving license in Finland. However, you can start the training process earlier at the age of 16 by obtaining a provisional license (moped license) for mopeds and light motorcycles.
- Residency Requirement: You must have legal residence in Finland to apply for a Finnish driver’s license.
- Health Requirements: You need to be in good physical and mental health to drive a vehicle. There are no specific medical exams required, but you must declare any conditions that may affect your ability to drive safely.
- Theory Exam: You must pass a computer-based theory exam, which tests your knowledge of traffic rules, signs, and regulations. The exam can be taken in Finnish, Swedish, or English.
- Driving Instruction: After passing the theory exam, you must complete a minimum of 18 hours of practical driving instruction with a qualified driving instructor. This includes both on-road driving and simulator training.
Duration of validity for a Finnish drivers license
A Finnish driver’s license is typically valid for a period of 15 years. However, there are a few exceptions and special cases to consider:
Drivers under 45 years old: For drivers under the age of 45, the driver’s license is valid until the driver reaches the age of 70.
Drivers aged 45-70: For drivers aged 45 to 70, the driver’s license is valid for 15 years.
Drivers aged 70 and above: For drivers aged 70 and above, the driver’s license is valid for 5 years. After each 5-year period, the license needs to be renewed.
It’s important to note that these durations are based on the general rules, and there may be specific circumstances or medical conditions that require more frequent license renewals or additional assessments. Additionally, if you commit serious traffic offenses or there are changes in your health condition that affect your ability to drive safely, the validity of your license may be affected.
It’s always a good idea to check with the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency (Traficom) or the local authorities for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the validity of your Finnish driver’s license, as regulations and requirements may be subject to change.